Our Physiotherapists focus on individualized care of their patients. Appointments are solely one-on-one. Our Physiotherapists will conduct a thorough assessment and make evidence-based treatment choices to help guide one through their Rehabilitation.
Physiotherapy can treat a wide variety of injuries…
- Back & neck pain – acute or chronic
- Pelvic/SI joint pain
- Postural dysfunction
- Hip, knee & shoulder conditions
- Foot & ankle injuries
- Sports injuries
- Arthritic conditions
- Orthopedic Rehab post-surgery
- Tendonitis, tendonopathy
- Post-stroke & spinal cord injury for ambulatory patients
- Running injuries
Our Physiotherapists focus on the whole body when assessing one’s injury and formulating a treatment plan. Treatment can include …
- Hands-on manual therapy (soft tissue & joint mobilization)
- Individualized rehabilitation exercise programs
- Pilates-based core stabilization exercise programs
- Electrical muscle stimulation
- Interferential current
- Postural re-education
- Education re: return to activity, ergonomics, ice/heat, body mechanics
Pilates & Personal Training
From Personal Training in the gym setting or at home, to one-on-one Pilates, we can accommodate your needs and help you reach your goals!
With a Personal Trainer you will learn all-encompassing exercises, targeting your strength, flexibility, balance, and core stability. Our Personal Trainers will assess your movement patterns, observe your posture, and review your goals to create an individualized, safe exercise program. The exercise program can be oriented for home use or gym use, or for one-on-one training with your Personal Trainer.
Pilates training offers a safe, controlled, yet challenging exercise. With emphasis on proper breathing, correct spinal and pelvic alignment, you will learn how to effectively activate your core. With concentration on smooth, flowing movement, you develop a distinct awareness of your body; you learn to control its movement. Book an appointment with one of our Pilates Trainers to introduce you to the Pilates methods. Strength will be reviewed throughout your appointment, and suggestions can be made whether you would benefit most from further one-on-one sessions, or from joining a group class.
We specialize in small group Pilates classes and group fitness programs. Each client’s needs can be met with our wide variety of class levels and formats. Our highly trained instructors will guide you to an improved level of functional fitness. We will help you recover from injury faster, tone and sculpt your body, enhance your core strength, and find balance in your body.
What is Pilates?…
Pilates is a proven exercise philosophy dating back to the beginning of the 20th century. Joseph Pilates’ method integrates the scapulae, abdominals, lower back, and hips to improve strength, flexibility, posture, balance, and muscle symmetry. A series of controlled movements using spring resistant apparatus as well as mat exercises have been shown to improve patients’ strength, muscle tone, and flexibility.
Benefits of Pilates-based fitness programs
- Improved posture & alignment
- Stronger, longer, more flexible muscles
- Increased spinal and abdominal strength (core strength)
- Firmer and sleeker contours, flatter stomach
- Regained or improved flexibility
- Moving with more grace and ease as joint range of motion is improved
- Reduction in aches and pains caused by injuries, poor posture, muscle imbalances, stress, and tension
- Increased bone density
- Participants feel taller and rejuvenated after a session